Re: showing function arguments

Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:

       From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@ics.uci.edu>

       I would like to see all the arguments that each function is called
       with.
       gdb certainly has this information, as it displays it when you look at
       a backtrace.

       I would like to produce a trace that contains something like this:
       function_call1 (arg1=.., arg2=...)
       function_call2 (arg1=.., arg2=...)
       etc, etc

    Is this a trick question?  GDB already does this normally.  Are you
    using a GUI that doesn't show arguments perhaps?

								Stan
No, no trick, sorry for being dense.
I am not using any GUI.

What I want is a trace of the execution of the whole program that
contains all the function calls and their arguments, not just to see
them when I do a "bt".
Is it possible to instruct gdb so produce something like that? If not,
do you have any suggestion how I might accomplish that?

Thanks.
	--dan