Re: Extra Thread Info

>>>>> "Stan" == Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com> writes:

Stan> However, an operating system may have additional info about
Stan> threads that the user would like to see.

Would this only happen at the OS level?

In a Java program, each (Java) thread has a name and a ThreadGroup.
It would be very useful to Java developers to see this information
when debugging Java programs.

Of course, that means interacting with the runtime.

Stan> but the current kod code needs more work to be useful for
Stan> threads in this way.  For instance, it asks for all types of
Stan> objects, but for threads we just want to ask about specific
Stan> threads.

Not only that, but KOD also has no way to map from the target's thread
id to gdb's thread id.  cf my KOD critique.  IMNSHO KOD is the wrong
way to go until it is redesigned and rewritten.

Tom