gdb build troubles

Hi,

I'm trying to build gdb with the Cygwin 1.0 CD toolset for an m68k
target.

Here's what I do:

bash-2.03$ ../gdb-4.18/configure --target=m68k-coff

And here's what happens:

Configuring for a i586-pc-cygwin32 host.
# post-target:
 intl mmalloc libiberty opcodes bfd readline gash db tcl tk tcl8.1 tk8.1
tclX it
cl tix libgui byacc flex bison binutils ld gas gcc sim gdb make patch
prms send-
pr gprof gdbtest tgas etc expect dejagnu ash bash bzip2 m4 autoconf
automake lib
tool ispell grep diff rcs cvssrc fileutils shellutils time textutils
wdiff find
emacs emacs19 uudecode hello tar gzip indent recode release sed utils
guile perl
 apache inet gawk findutils snavigator libtool gettext zip libtermcap
dosrel
grep: (standard input): Permission denied (EACCES)
grep: (standard input): Permission denied (EACCES)
 intl mmalloc libiberty opcodes bfd readline gash db tcl tk tcl8.1 tk8.1
tclX it
cl tix libgui byacc flex bison binutils ld gas gcc sim gdb make patch
prms send-
pr gprof gdbtest tgas etc expect dejagnu ash bash bzip2 m4 autoconf
automake lib
tool ispell grep diff rcs cvssrc fileutils shellutils time textutils
wdiff find
emacs emacs19 uudecode hello tar gzip indent recode release sed utils
guile perl
 apache inet gawk findutils snavigator libtool gettext zip libtermcap
dosrel
grep: (standard input): Permission denied (EACCES)
grep: (standard input): Permission denied (EACCES)
<REPEATS FOREVER ANNOYINGLY SPINNING THE FLOPPY DRIVE>

Can anyone give me a hint as to my problem?

Scott A. Sumner