BDM/OCD with Macraigor Raven on MPC8xx from x86

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success using gdb from an Linux x86
machine to debug an MPC8xx target via BDM using a Macraigor Raven OCDemon?

I've looked in the mailing list archives, and only found mention of using a
Windoze host with a Wiggler. I'm not keen on switching to Windoze, and would
like to take advantage of the Raven's extra speed if possible. Any pointers
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Graham