Re: Exist a 68k simulator?

> Why don't GDB has a builtin 68k or x86 simulator ?

GDB's features depend on contributions.  Either direct contributions,
or by hiring out the work to others.  The fact that a feature doesn't
exist doesn't mean that it's not thought to be worthy of integration.

> Thay are so popular.

Odd as this might be, popularity (or perhaps availability) may work
against simulator development.

For example, although some of the cards in our product use x86's, it
was easier and more productive to use x86 PCs while our hardware was
being designed than it would have been to write and use a x86
simulator.  There are also quite a few m68k boards of various flavors
available.

The point is that if you can find a target that is "close enough" to
the real hardware you'll be using in your product, it's often more
useful to use that than a simulator.

> Where can I find a 68k simulator? ( want to put in /sim directory)

Isn't there 68k simulator used in the PalmPilot and that coin-op video
game emulator?  Do the licences for those allow for inclusion within
GDB?

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin