Re: Exist a 68k simulator?

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 11:06:23AM +1100, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> "J.T. Conklin" wrote:
>
> > > Where can I find a 68k simulator? ( want to put in /sim directory)
> >
> > Isn't there 68k simulator used in the PalmPilot and that coin-op video
> > game emulator?  Do the licences for those allow for inclusion within
> > GDB?
>
> No one is exactly clear on that one.  If the answer had been yes, it
> would have been integrated long ago :-)

I'll repeat the plug for the Unix Amiga Emulator projects'
68000/68020/68881 simulator.  http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/
I talked to the author/maintainer, Bernd Schmidt, about using it in GDB
a while ago.  He expect no problems.  It is GPL'ed.  It is not the most
complete 68k simulator in the world, but he expected that it would
handle gcc-generated code OK.  It has been appropriated by several
other projects as a generic CPU simulator in the past.

I don't have time to pursue this any further right now, but that looks
like a very good avenue to pursue if someone wanted to pull in a 68k
simulator.