Re: BDM/OCD with Macraigor Raven on MPC8xx from x86

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Gunter Magin wrote:

> > Graham Stoney wrote:
> >
> > > I'm wondering if anyone has had any success using gdb from an Linux x86
> > > machine to debug an MPC8xx target via BDM using a Macraigor Raven OCDemon?
> > >
> > > I've looked in the mailing list archives, and only found mention of using a
> > > Windoze host with a Wiggler. I'm not keen on switching to Windoze, and would
> > > like to take advantage of the Raven's extra speed if possible. Any pointers
> > > greatly appreciated!
> >
> > There are no known PowerPC BDM drivers for Linux.
>
> Right.
>
> Furthermore, if there is no publicly available HW spec of the Macraigor
> Raven, there will be no Linux device driver, unless Macraigor itself starts
> to support it, or some curious soul reverse engineers this piece of HW.

As I said I am developing extended enhanced gdbserver
(http://www.std.com/qqi/labslave/rproxy.html). I am going to port it
into native WinNT shortly. I am very curious to provide wiggler
target (it is mere porting of gdb target into simplier environment),

So, you can debug everything you want using remote protocol from
you linux (any other) box.

> Please note the recent move of some major graphic card manufacturers
> towards unveiling their top secret programming information without NDA, and
> their cooperation with the XFree maintainers, so high quality open source
> device drivers will become available.
>
> gm
> --
> Gunter Magin                                        magin[AT]skil.camelot.de

Thanks,

Aleksey