Re: SHARED LIBS

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 03:59:52PM +1300, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> Takis Psarogiannakopoulos wrote:
>
> > gdb answers with an error like
> >
> > Cannot access memory at address 0x80081498.

Incidentally, I just noticed a similar error message from gdb yesterday
when I was working with a cross toolchain.  If I did

% gdb -nw -q foo.x
(gdb) b main

I'd get an error message like that; if I did

% gdb -nw -q foo.x
(gdb) tar sim
(gdb) load
(gdb) b main

It would work OK.

This is a recent change in behavior--it seems that GDB is now trying to
insert the breakpoint when the user uses the 'break' command, whereas it
used to insert the breakpoint when GDB went to resume (or start) execution.

I'll try to look at it this weekend, but it's looking busy. :-/  Does
this problem ring a bell with anyone who has been making changes recently?

Jason