Re: bt -vs- files

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
> > Date: 19 Apr 2000 12:22:34 -0600
> >
> > I often send a backtrace along with a bug report.
> > It sure would be helpful if there were a way to send the output of
> > `bt' to a file, e.g. `bt > FILE'.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Speaking of which, I think GDB should provide a general dribble
> feature to record the entire session on a file.  I understand that
> most people use script(1) to get that, but that's not a real solution,
> to say nothing of systems which lack the `script' command.

Something to add to the TODO list.  Since everything is being printed
through ui_out objects it should be fairly easy to capture/re-direct
that output.

Oops, reality check.  Some things still send output to the wrong object
and other things just print directly using printf/fprintf :-(  I
sometimes wonder if a ``#define printf you should not use this
function`` would get quicker results :-)

	enjoy,
		Andrew