Re: find_minsym_and_objfile, skip_hurd_resolver...

   Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:05:21 -0400
   From: Scott Bambrough <scottb@netwinder.org>

   I recently made some fixes to get gdb on ARM Linux to work
   correctly with shared libraries.  One of the things I actually did
   was copy find_minsym_and_objfile(), skip_hurd_resolver() and
   i386_linux_skip_solib_resolver() into arm-linux-tdep.c.  Other than
   renaming i386_linux_skip_solib_resolver() I made no changes to the
   code.

I'm a wee bit surprised that you actually need that code.  I mean, I'm
not using it for the Hurd (which uses the same dynamic linker, where
did you think the name "skip_hurd_resolver" came from :-)), and yet
the Hurd seems to be fine without it.  Not that I think the code
should be scrapped, since I believe it provides a useful optimization
(it prevents some single stepping through the resolver code I
believe), and I'm not entirely sure that it's really not needed.

   I don't really like this duplication of code; I'd prefer to share
   the code between the architechures.  At present I don't see a
   simple way of doing that other than creating a new file for the
   three functions.  Right now I'm inclined to check in what I have in
   the 5.0 branch and wait and seek a neater solution in the mainline.
   Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I already put a comment in the code saying that I suspected that the
could should really be in a target-dependent file rather than a native
file.  And I suppose I could use it for the Hurd too, so putting it in
a seperate file would be a good idea.

Mark