Re: Request for status on fix for limitations with g77 -fdebug_kludge option

Andrew Cagney wrote:

>Larry Cohen wrote:

>> The gcc
>>  package documentation states that gdb is currently incapable of printing
>>  out the values of variables that are part of COMMON BLOCK storage and
>>  that rudimentary COMMON BLOCK variable information could be retrieved
>>  within gdb by invoking the -fdebug-kludge option during the g77 compile
>>  process.

> At present there is no active Fortran GDB maintainer and effectivly
> zero activity on GDB's support for fortran :-(

While this is true, to the best of my knowledge the issue with printing
COMMON BLOCK items in gdb has been solved (it was a limitation of the
way g77 wrote debug information).

The solution is in the CVS mainline of GCC.  Pick any recent snapshot of
GCC if you can't use CVS and see if using just -g solves your problem.

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, PO Box 201, 3730 AE De Bilt, The Netherlands.
Tel. +31302206443, Fax +31302210407,  e-mail moene@knmi.nl