Re: ARM TARGET

Lavu Sridhar wrote:

> I have the file gdb 5.0 . I had to make changes in the gdb/makefile to
> enable the target rdi debugging.

You should not change anything.  Use the original gdb 5 tar file.

No changes are necessary to debug Angel targets.

But this is irrelevant (see below).

> When I had done ./configure in the main directory, it was configuring gdb
> for host i686 and target also i686, where as I want the target to be my
> Cirrus Logic Arm 7500FE Baord. I do not know how to sepcify the exact
> option for this arm processor. Currently the board has only the ANGEL
> debugger program running.

Again you did not send me the configure command that you used.
However, it is clear from your description that you did not read the instructions
on how to build it.  Please do so before asking for help on the net groups/lists.
(Read the FAQs as well when they exist).

Your configure line will need a --target=arm-elf   or  a  --target=arm-coff
for the kind of board you have.

But, again, it won't do what you need...

> I already have the vmlinux, and the zImage files for the Linxu kernel
> 2.3.99 . My host PC is RedHat 6.1 and i686 architecture.
>
> I am using the gdb mainly for downloading the image files into the RAM on
> my target baord from my Host PC.

You are definitively in the wrong track AND in the wrong list.

The zImage file is not in a format that gdb can understand.
vmlinus is (elf) but this is of no use to you.

I'd suggest you look at LILO (the arm version or arm equivalent of it) and
try to write some boot ROM code that either does what it does or loads it
from floppy or something.

But this is a topic for the ARM Linux mailing list.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com