Re: [RFC] Pascal language: case insensitivity!

   Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:51:56 +0200
   From: Pierre Muller <muller@cerbere.u-strasbg.fr>

     I already talked a while ago about this and someone (can't remember who)
   said that there is a much simpler way to get this result.
   I would of course really like to know more about this possibility.

It might have been me.  I believe I suggested to change GDB to use the
POSIX entry points regcomp() and regexec() instead of the BSD
re_comp() and re_exec() functions.  There is already a REG_ICASE flag
that's supposed to ignore case when matching.  It's just that you
cannot use it with re_comp() and re_exec().

The GNU regex library is used by several GNU packages, and the master
version lives in the GNU C Library.  The version in GDB shouldn't
diverge too much from the master version, and I'm pretty sure your
patch will be rejected by the maintainer of the GNU C Library.

Mark