tcsetpgrp error & printing issues!

Hello!

I am porting GDB 5.0 to ptx and I am running into some issues with tcsetpgrp
and printing. Below is the output from GDB to give you an idea of what I am
dealing with. Please note.. that the "stair-stepping" look is exactly how its
being displayed.

> ./gdb stressTest
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i386-sequent-sysv4"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/tonic/gdb-5.0/gdb/stressTest
[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Not owner]
                                                  Step - PID:C26  LWPID:1
                                                                         Step
- PID:C26  LWPID:1
                [New Process 3110  Thread 2 ]
                                             [New Process 3110  Thread 3 ]

[New Process 3110  Thread 4 ]
                       [New Process 3110  Thread 5 ]
                                                    [New Process 3110  Thread
6 ]
 [New Process 3110  Thread 7 ]
                              [New Process 3110  Thread 8 ]
                                                           [New Process 3110
Thread 9 ]
        [New Process 3110  Thread 10 ]
                                      [New Process 3110  Thread 11 ]

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

Being new to porting GDB.. I am very puzzled by the tcsetpgrp error and the
printing issue. Begining with the printing issue.. as you can see from the
example... it is only when the program is run that the output becomse "messed
up"  Each time a new thread is created, GDB prints out [New...]. It is not my
own code that is doing the printing, but GDB is. As soon as the program has
exited.. it appear as though the printing problem is solved.. because
"Program exited normally" is positioned correctly. I have no idea why this is
happening and would appreciate any help you can give me!

Also.. I was thinking that the tcsetpgrp error might be causing the printing
issue. However, I do not understand why this is occuring. Since this is all
done within the gdb code.. and does not seem to be platform specific.. I am
confused on why it is failing. If you have any insight.. I would appreciate
this.

Thanks for the help in advance.. and please excuse any bad assumptions I have
made. I am still learning! :)
-Tanya