Re: GDB 5.1 TODO list

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 11:50:16 +1000
> > From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
> >
> > Eliminate all warnings for at least one host/target for the flags:
> > -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wparentheses
> > -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized
>
> I tried to do this during the release cycle of 5.0, but one thing that
> stopped me was the massive amount of warnings when compiling Readline.
> It kinda makes the whole exercise futile...

Try configuring with

--enable-build-warnings=-Wimplicit,-Wreturn-type,-Wcomment,-Wtrigraphs,-Wformat,-Wparentheses,
-Wpointer-arith,-Werror

The directories where people are trying to flush warnings recognize this
configure option (GDB, BFD, ...).  The -Werror is to make certain
nothing is missed :-)

I had most targets building with -Wuninitialized but with the recent K&R
to ISO things have taken a hit.  I'd suggest trying just -Werror for
your target and then build up to something stronger.

	enjoy,
		Andrew