Re: 5.1 TODO List: Copyright

Rodney Brown wrote:

> Apart from ruling out ranges in copyright declarations, the FSF guidelines
> aren't completely clear about current usage.
>
> They recommend:    Copyright 1999, 2000 Whoever
>
> gcc largely has:   Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Whoever
>
> and gdb has a bit of a mixture.
>
> Both have instances of:    Copyright (C) 1988, 90, 91, 92 Whoever

FYI, to ``really fix'' the copyright notes I was expecting to spend
spend several hours (understatement) going over the public (sources) and
older (Red Hat internal) CVS repositories to figure out exactly what
each file should contain.

If you can find out what the correct format is and do a preliminary
update that would make my life much easier.

	Andrew

PS: A copyright notice isn't part of a body of work - I'm pretty sure of
that one.