Re: Switching to the Lesser GPL

Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > libiberty seems like it should stay LGPL; the main trick here
> > is to coordinate with GCC, since all the "GNU Library..." strings
> > in source files change to "GNU Lesser...", thus most files will
> > be touched.
>
> Co-ordinate or pass the buck? :-)

You may pass me the buck, as long as a patch is attached to it ;-)

I agree it should remain LGPL; changing a license is a much
bigger problem than changing the wording of an existing license.
If you think it should be GPL, start a separate discussion on the
gcc, gdb, cygwin, newlib, and binutils mailing lists.