Multi-Ice server?

It's my understanding that gdb can interface to a Multi-Ice server
running on Windows by using the "multi-ice-gdb-server", which wraps
around the actual Multi-Ice server that ARM distributes.

Has anyone looked into developing a replacement for ARM's Multi-Ice
server, or talked to ARM about releasing the source for theirs? I'd
really like to have the option of doing all of my ARM development on
Linux, but the need to have a Windows box to interface to the Multi-Ice
box itself is both kludgy and a waste of resources.