Re: extended remote protocol

"J.T. Conklin" wrote:

> The remote protocol description in gdb.texinfo states:
>         Stubs that support the extended remote protocol return @samp{}
>         which, unfortunately, is identical to the response returned by
>         stubs that do not support protocol extensions.
>
> which I've believed without question until earlier today.  I was
> poking around gdbserver/server.c trying to tighten up command parsing,
> and I found:
>
>             case '!':
>               extended_protocol = 1;
>               prepare_resume_reply (own_buf, status, signal);
>               break;
>             case '?':
>               prepare_resume_reply (own_buf, status, signal);
>               break;

1.7          (law      26-Jul-95):          case '!':
1.7          (law      26-Jul-95):            extended_protocol = 1;
1.7          (law      26-Jul-95):            prepare_resume_reply
(own_buf, status, signal);
1.7          (law      26-Jul-95):            break;

> gdbserver is the only stub I know of that supports the extended remote
> protocol.  Has it always output the resume reply like the '?' command?
> Are there other stubs that support the extended remote protocol?

I'll do a little bit more digging but it looks like I was wrong.
(Checking two other stub implementations neither recognize the ``!''
packet.)

	Andrew