Re: libremote activation

libremote is an alternative/replacement for gdbserver.  I don't know if
there are plans to push it for the FSF, but it is planned that it will
be used internally since it is pretty easy to port.  At least this is my
understanding.
Since I work on embedded systems, it is a good bet for new custom
projects.
-Rudy