Re: gdb@gnu.org Discussion

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:33:35 -0800
> From: Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com>
>
> Discussion style is one thing that's under our collective control,
> independent of maintainers, committees, etc.  If we each commit
> ourselves to not flame, and to respond temperately to flames by others,
> the overall tone of the discussion will always be civil.

No argument here.

However, the main point of what I've written (perhaps not clearly
enough, as I'm usually embarrassed to hint at personalities in public
forums) was that GDB does not _need_ a committee to behave in a civil
manner.

When the committee's role is considered, and a reference to its
success with GCC is made, I think we should ask ourselves, what part
of that success is due to committee's role in toning down flame wars
which in the GDB case don't exist in the first place.