Re: Status of submitted patches? Pascal language addition patch.

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> >   Apart from a few comments just after my email, I never got any
> >constructive answer about the patch itself.
> I must say, this isn't the first time this has happened.
> I think we have no official maintainer.

The list in gdb/MAINTAINERS lists specific areas of responsibility.
For new things that don't fall in an existing area, I would either
evaluate things myself or assign to the closest plausible person -
which in this case is David Taylor, who's already responded.

> If this is the case, rather than complain, I volunteer to be the
> maintainer.
> I'll happily integrate patches and whatnot, and look them over/approve/
> disapprove.
> I just need write access to the repository.
> I have tons of time. I'm a college student, with 5 classes (normal is
> 4), but i'm not going anywhere for another year or so, and I know the
> internals of GDB quite well.

That would be great.  In general, because an incautious checkin can
cause huge amounts of chaos, it's better to take charge of a limited
area and see how that goes.  I know that in the past we've talked about
you taking over C++ support, and that still seems to me like a good
starting point.

> If we have a maintainer, no offense, but um, considering i haven't seen
> any comments on any patches on gdb-patches in a while, and no sign of
> them being integrated, you need to get on the ball.

I agree.  To make excuses, maintenance is in an awkward situation right
now, what with my life in major transition, Cygnus maintainers probably
preoccupied with the Red Hat merger, and the GDB steering committee
still unformed.  This should be sorted out in a couple of weeks though.

Stan