Re: Preparing for the GDB 5.0 / GDB 2000 / GDB2k release

> If we continue ignoring the working patches without providing an
> alternative, we are sending the wrong signals to those contributors.

I totally agree with this.

But what really needs to happen to fix the situation (well, one thing)
is expanding the definition of "we" to a larger set.  I think there is
at least a vague notion of who that will be, but since GDB just got
into sourceware last night, getting the group expanded might take
another few hours :-).

I mean, if we want to delay GDB 5.0 until after things have settled
down a bit, that might be OK, but I guess speaking for myself I'd be
happy to get 5.0 out quickly and then get started on 5.1.