Re: Preparing for the GDB 5.0 / GDB 2000 / GDB2k release

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 07:28:04AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:

> Having paid the price many times for accepting "temporary patches" :-(,
> I would only support that if we were really desperate - for instance, if a
> bad bug showed up on the release branch mid-process.  In this case though,
> we're talking about release schedule, and it seems perfectly reasonable
> to me to push back the schedule by a couple weeks if that will yield
> better shlib debugging, and avoid a need to fork versions.

Agreed. It is long overdue. When gdb 5.0 is released, Linux users
shouldn't look for a different gdb to debug shared libraries. I won't
call the current gdb acceptable on Linux with shared libraries. I
don't think I am alone among the Linux users.

H.J.