Re: Updated MAINTAINERS file - work in progress

Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Feb 11,  1:40pm, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> > Attached is a revised copy of the gdb/MAINTAINERS file.  In drafting
> > this revision, I've endeavored to:
>
> [...]
>
> >       o       not change the maintenance assignments
> >               I've been handed several proposals already
> >               but would like to keep that separate.
>
> When (and where) will this discussion take place?

Soon, you're free to start it even sooner :-)

> > For this discussion thread could I suggest (plead ;-) restricting the
> > discussion to style rather than substance.
>
> What are we supposed to be discussing then?  Are you simply asking us
> if we like your new layout for the MAINTAINERS file?

Yep and technical problems et.al.

> If so, then I do (like it).  It makes the various roles much clearer
> than before.

Since putting it forward several style things have occured to me:

Should I change the addresses to: <cagney at redhat dot com>.

Should (gasp) it include the name/e-mail of all people with a valid
assignment in place?  Probably not.  It probably should explain where
current list of people with an assignment is though.

You will have seen the proposed new file CONTRIBUTE.  The opening
section is almost a straight lift of the GCC contribute page.  I've
added a few GDB specific requests and comments.  Would they be better in
the MAINTAINERS file? I suspect not as they are there to make the
contributers life easy.

	Andrew