Re: gdb does not `break' when using LD_PRELOAD

   Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:50:45 +1100
   From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>

   "Arthur H. Gold" wrote:

   > gdb list:
   >
   > Since upgrading to glibc-2.1.2, I've been having a problem with gdb--
   > specifically in regard to its use with LD_PRELOAD. The problem is that
   > when running with a preloaded library (either from the shell or set
   > within gdb) gdb fails to respect any breakpoints I set (though the
   > breakpoints themselves seem to be set successfully).
   >
   > I understand there are problems with 4.18; I have, however, started
   > to run 4.17-14 (HJ Lu's patched version)--but to no avail.
   >
   > Any input would be more than welcome

   Has anyone looked at this, or got any suggestions/comments?

AFAICT setting breakpoints in preloaded libraries seems to work fine
on i586-pc-linux-gnu with a glibc-2.1.3 snapshot.  Setting breakpoints
works and they are properly triggered.

Arthur, can you provide a small test-case, that shows your problems?

Mark