Re: Another Issue for 5.0

In article <200002181809.NAA06156@texas.cygnus.com>,
David Taylor  <taylor@cygnus.com> wrote:
>    Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:26:39 -0800 (PST)
>    From: Daniel Berlin <dan@cgsoftware.com>
>
>    IMHO, the overload resolution for DWARF2/STABS/all non-hp platforms should
>    really be fixed for 5.0.
>    I have patches to do this (in fact, i'm about to send another jumbo patch
>    to gdb-patches with it all combined so i don't have to keep emailing it to
>    people :P), with no regressions, well, actually, that's not true.
>    Some overload resolution things that were xfail before in the testsuite
>    now pass.
>    Sorry about that. I'll try to make sure i keep the broken things broken in
>    the future. :P
>
>    But, anyway, i get about 5-10 emails a week asking for those patches.
>    Even on HP using aCC, where overload resolution works, you get benefits
>    because i added support for references in overloads, and fixed a problem
>    where the compares against function names were whitespace sensitive where
>    they shouldn't have been (so operator [] would be considered the same
>    function as operator[] when we were hunting down overloads).
>
>    Maybe i'm biased, but anyone working on C++ programs would love it.
>
>    I'm starting to work on other C++ language support related things, if
>    anyone has any specific requests, let me know.
>
>Is there a copyright assignment on file?
>
>I'd love to look over the patch.

Nick Duffek has already looked over the patch and verified that it works exactly
as Dan has suggested.  He should be able to apply the patch as soon as the
assignment clears.

I think that this falls into Jim Blandy's maintainership area so it will be up
to him to say yea or nay, though.

cgf
--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company