Re: Patches for GNU/Linux PPC native now in CVS

Hi,

I just finished my build from the cvs tree.

> I configured with --prefix=/usr --disable-gdbtk --disable-sim. disable-gdbtk
> seems to be needed to let configure succeed with an already installed
> tcltk-8.0.5. I wonder if the toplevel configure.in should be modified to
> disable the simulator by default on powerpc-*-linux*?
>
> Then I needed a small patch for gdb/Makefile.in to let "make install" succeed:

Yes, I had exactly the same experience.  I was missing tclInt.h (I have tcl
8.0.4) and had to add the --disable-gdbtk as well

I also had a small problem with libiberty/testsuite being empty and the
libiberty Makefile specifying that is was one of its subdirs.  The "make" in
that subdirectory failed since the Makefile was empty.

I will try to give it a good testing with the jdk native and let you know how
it works.

Kevin

--
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology