Re: Patches for GNU/Linux PPC native now in CVS

   Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:25:41 -0700
   From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb@cygnus.com>

   On Feb 22, 11:13am, Mark Kettenis wrote:

   [Detailed failure analysis snipped]

   > Anyway, I hope this helps,

   It did indeed.  Thanks!  (It showed me where not to focus my attention
   first.)

   I'll respond to the sourceware list when I've had more time to study
   your analysis, but in the meantime, I wanted to send you a note to let
   you know that I appreciated your analysis...

Meanwhile, I learned something more about the

gdb.base/annota1.exp: backtrace @ signal handler

failure I reported.  There is nothing wrong with the test per se.
It's just that on my i586-pc-linux-gnu system the regexp matching
takes an awful lot of time.  Setting the timeout to 10 minutes made
the test pass.  This is probably related to the fact that with glibc
there is an extra frame.  Apparently the fix I suggested (but didn't
understand), speeded up the regexp matching somewhat, but even in that
case (with the default timeout) the test failed on my system last
night.

Sorry for the confusion.  I just couldn't imagine the regexp matching
taking the better part of 10 minutes :-(.

Mark