Re: RDI target broken in 000215 snapshot

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 04:04:33PM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> > > I guess you got it.
>
> The default for arm targets is "selectable" and "little endian".
> This is introduced in december by Stan, who checked in a patch from Scott.
> The ChangeLog fails to mention this change!!!  But cvs diff never lies... ;-)

Nope.

> I believe the ideal scenario would be to have this thing set in
> a "smart" way. The current RDI code just ignores the endianess
> indication returned by the target. Maybe we could use that to
> set the endianess (only if "auto" is selected, please) of the
> target. I don't know if this will work, but I can try when I
> get back.

I had assumed that gdb was detecting the endianness of the
target already (before today, I didn't know it was user
selectable).  I'll take a look at make the "auto" mode pay
attention to the target hardware indication.  One could then
generate a warning if the endiannes of the target and the
endianness of a file being loaded disagree.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com