Re: RDI target broken in 000215 snapshot

FYI,

The current behavior is determined by gdbarch.c:

	o	it starts in auto mode using
		TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_DEFAULT as an
		initial value or (chosen arbitrarily)
		BIG_ENDIAN as the next best guess.

	o	as soon as GDB encounters a binary
		it pokes around the bfd file to determine
		the endianess and uses that (provided things
		are still auto).

To the best of my knowledge, no one has seriously investigated how to
set up an interface where the target determines architectural
information (such as endianess).

As for the current problem:

$ arm-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 4.18
[...]
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf".
(gdb) target rdi /dev/ttyS1
EmbeddedICE Manager (ADP, ARM7TDI) 2.07 (Advanced RISC Machines SDT
2.11a)
Rebuilt on Apr  1 1998 at 00:43:57
Serial Rate:   9600
Connected to ARM RDI target.
(gdb) show endian
The target endianness is set automatically (currently big endian)

$ ~/gdb-000222/gdb/gdb
GNU gdb 000222
[...]
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf".
(gdb) target rdi /dev/ttyS1
EmbeddedICE Manager (ADP, ARM7TDI) 2.07 (Advanced RISC Machines SDT
2.11a)
Rebuilt on Apr  1 1998 at 00:43:57
Serial Rate:   9600
Connected to ARM RDI target.
(gdb) show endian
The target endianness is set automatically (currently little endian)

it looks like TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_DEFAULT was changed or added in the
wrong place.

	enjoy,
		Andrew