Re: RDI target broken in 000215 snapshot

Grant Edwards wrote:

> >       o       as soon as GDB encounters a binary
> >               it pokes around the bfd file to determine
> >               the endianess and uses that (provided things
> >               are still auto).
>
> That implies that when I loaded a big-endian file it should have
> switched to big-endian.  It didn't seem to -- I'll have to try that
> again.

Possibly not.  If you were using:

	(gdb) load file-with-random-format

then GDB won't look at the file.  I should have said that something like
gdb sets the endianess once the debug file is specified (via ``file'' or
a few other commands) vis:

	(gdb) file debug-file
	(gdb) load

``load'' tends to not have side effects (and when it does, they are
hotly debated :-)

> > it looks like TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_DEFAULT was changed or added in the
> > wrong place.
>
> Now that I know what happened, it's not a big deal.  I can just set it
> in .gdbinit.

It's more a question of should the endianess have changed between
releases or should it have been little-endian anyway.  Not my problem
:-)

	Andrew