single-step

Hi !

I have and ARM dev board hooked to a Jeeni, controlled via ethernet. It
doesn't singl-step, it only stops at breakpoints. When I issue a "info
target", gdb replies that "Target can't single-step".
However I would greatly appreciate it to single step to debug my apps ...
So do you know how to fix it ? Is it a hardware non-feature or a simple
software misconfiguration ? Can gdb emulate singlestepping transparently
using breakpoints ?

    Xav