Re: ARM Port...

Scott Bambrough wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have slowly been reviewing the merge of my changes for ARM Linux into GDB and
> have the following minor observations:

(Fernando is away.  I know JimI is very busy).

> 1) TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE is deprecated according to gdbint.texi.
> TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE_P is the preferred macro to use.  Both are defined
> in tm-arm.h.  Shouldn't TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE be removed?

Yes, almost:

cagney@b1.cygnus.com$ find * | grep TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE | grep
-v TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE_P
config/arc/tm-arc.h:#define     TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/arm/tm-arm.h:#define TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/arm/tm-wince.h:#undef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/mips/tm-wince.h:#undef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/sh/tm-sh.h:#define TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/sh/tm-wince.h:#undef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/sparc/tm-sparclet.h:#define TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
config/sparc/tm-sparclite.h:#define TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
doc/gdbint.texinfo:@var{TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE} which is
deprecated.
gdbarch.c:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.h:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.h:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.h:/* compat - Catch old targets that define
TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.sh:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.sh:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.sh:/* compat - Catch old targets that define
TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbarch.sh:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbserver/low-sim.c:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE
gdbserver/low-sim.c:#ifdef TARGET_BYTE_ORDER_SELECTABLE

arm/tm-wince.h would need to be tweeked.

Chris - any reason to not have arm/wince bi-endian but little endian by
default.  When it's multi-arched it will be that way regardless.

Scott - if you feel luck (:-) you could submit a number of patches to
purge target_byte_order_selectable.

> 2) In tm-embed.h, the Thumb breakpoints are redefined?  Why?  The Linux port
> doesn't care.  If they have been changed, why not just change them in tm-arm.h?
> Seems simpler and less confusing.  Perhaps I had them wrong?

Check the mail archives for this one.  I remember several discussions
about what the embedded breakpoint should be but no details.

> 3) LOWEST_PC is defined in tm-arm.h.  It is redefined in tm-embed.h.  A similar
> thing happened in tm-linux.h and it generated a compiler warning on every file.
> Undefining it before redefining it helps clean up the build.

I assume you mean:

#undef LOWEST_PC
#define LOWEST_PC

Yes.  If you post a patch I'll just auto approve it.

	Andrew