RFD: New command to inspect other selectors memory.

I inserted this in a reply about pascal extension, but as I got no answer,
I thought
I will send it as a separate message.

I have written for DJGPP target a relatively small patch.
It allows to read memory from another selector
this was very useful for me when I tried to debug the debugger itself and
when I added exception support fro GDB on DJGPP !

This patch consists of the addition of one command that I called "xx"
which is a simple clone of the "x" command but can take a selector
as for intance
   "xx $fs:0x400"
then the next "xx 0x800" keeps using the last selector value.
I do not know if this could be interesting for other i386 targets
(maybe for win32 to be able to see the content of the $fs selector
that contains the exception chain, but I am not sure how if its
readable inside a win32 API program).

  Is such kind of patch too specific to have any chance to get accepted ?
I don't know if it could be of any use for other processors or operating
system !!

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99