Re: problem with register display

Johan Rydberg <johan.rydberg@netinsight.se> writes:

> I'm developing a "gdb-simulator" for a CPU, and it seems to
> work pretty good.

Good.

> [...] When I try to display the registers it says everyone except
> the link register is unavailable. Why this?  [...]

It's hard to say.  It would help if you posted gdb session transcripts
demonstrating the problem.

Anyway, a few things to look out for:

- check that both sim_{fetch,store}_register return the
  number of bytes they transferred
- check that the sim and gdb register numbers match for your target

> And, how do I from gdb call the `sim_infoŽ function?  [...]

I see no gdb command that hooks to this function.  But, one is not
hard to add.  Look up the sim option processing functions.  They work
from both within gdb (using the "sim" command prefix) and the sim
command line (as long --options).

- FChE