Re: Moving Linux-specific stuff out of i386-tdep.c

Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Mar 8, 10:21pm, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>
> > Over time quite a lot of Linux-dependent stuff has been added to
> > i386-tdep.c, and I think it's time to move that into its own file.
> > But before I do that I'd like to get some clarification on some
> > issue's.
> >
> > 1. Do we still care about the filename limits of older System V
> >    systems?  i386-linux-nat.c is longer than 14 characters which is a
> >    no-no according to the GNU conding standards.
>
> I asked Andrew and Stan about this a short while ago.  It seems that
> the limits have been relaxed somewhat.  (Stan proposed an 18 character
> limit in our discussion.)

Stan proposed it but I rejected it on the basis it was even more
arbitrary than the existing 14 character limit.  I beleve that ``Common
Sense'' was the agreed lenth.  Just need to remember to rename
uw-thread.c to sco-unixware-thread.c ;-)

The 8.3 uniqueness rule definitly still applies.

	Andrew