Problems with LinuxThreads support in GDB...

Michael Snyder wrote:

> Hmm, the new thread_db module should be pretty
> target-independent (correct me if I'm wrong).

Ok.  I attempted to put the linuxthreads support in last night.  It was
relatively painless, but I have reached a stumbling block with glibc 2.1.2.  In
gdb_proc_service.h there are the following two definitions:

#ifndef HAVE_PRGREGSET_T
typedef gregset_t  prgregset_t;         /* BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS */
#endif

#ifndef HAVE_PRFPREGSET_T
typedef fpregset_t prfpregset_t;        /* BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS */
#endif

The BOGUS comments are accurate.  Neither gregset_t or fpregset_t are defined in
<sys/procfs.h>.  prgregset_t and prfpregset_t are also used in gdb_threads_db.h
as well without checking the defines from config.h.  I'm trying this on 2.1.3
ATM, but for the most part, the installed base of users is using 2.1.2 on ARM
Linux.  Any thoughts on how I could get around this?

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM    http://www.rebel.com