cl7111 and gdb problem

hello,

I have a question concerning the use of the arm-elf-gdb debugger and the
CL7111-2 development board.

When trying to talk to angel in the cl7111 board using the rdi protocol as
described in the documentation gdb prints the following message: "RDI_open:
undefined error message, should reset target" and does not respond anymore.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. There was a
similar message in feb. 2000 (subject line : Problem using Insight on ARM7
PID for debugging a ecos application), but I could not find an answer in
the mailing list archive.

any help will be appreciated.
     Rene Affourtit

BTW: Is anybody else using the cl7111 target?

Teh target system uses  Angel version 1.04.

bash.exe-2.02$ arm-elf-gdb --version
GNU gdb 4.17-ecosSWtools-arm-990321
are
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  This version of GDB is
supported
for customers of Cygnus Solutions.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-cygwin32 --target=arm-elf".
bash.exe-2.02$

bash.exe-2.02$ arm-elf-gdb
GNU gdb 4.17-ecosSWtools-arm-990321
are
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  This version of GDB is
supported
for customers of Cygnus Solutions.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-cygwin32 --target=arm-elf".
(gdb) set remotebaud 115200
(gdb) target rdi com1
        DEBUG: Buffer allocated in angel_RDI_open(type=10).
        negotiate_params
        sent negotiate packet
RDI_open: undefined error message, should reset target
        DEBUG: Entered angel_RDI_info.
        DEBUG: RDIInfo_Target.
        wait_for_debug_message waiting for 80010001

(indented lines are debug information genrated by gdb (rebuilt gbb with
debug info on in ardi.c)