Re: arguments to add-symbol-file

On Mar 23,  6:03pm, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> Why when we use
>
> add-symbol-file <file> 0x1000 0x2000 0x3000
>
> gdb ends up with the following addrs structure, which includes explicit
> entries for .text, .data, and .bss section, plus the same 3 entries
> repeated in the 'other' array?
>
> Would it make sense to have only the 'other' part, or not include
> those three in 'other'?

I think it'd make sense to only have the `other' part.

BTW, did you notice the following comment from symfile.h?

                /* Add the section to the others even if it is a
                   text data or bss section. This is redundent but
                   eventually, none will be given special treatment */

I think you should ask Fred about it.  (There's probably some reason
why it'll be non-trivial to fix.)

Kevin