Re: Bug in dwarf2out.c:output_file_names()

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 02:09:03PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I think the patch is correct.  The sorting function ensures that all
> entries without a directory part come first and this test is there to
> check for these entries.  But some gcc person has to say it's OK, too.

I've spent a bit of time looking at this code today, and
I don't think that it is working at all.  Consider

    #line 1 "longlonglong/a/z.c"
    int foo() { return 0; }

    #line 1 "longlonglong/b/z.c"
    int bar() { return 0; }

As I understand what this code is attempting to do, we should
get one directory entry for "longlonglong" and files "a/z.c"
and "b/z.c".  But we don't.

Moreover, I think that the existance of idx_offset at all displays
a fundamental confusion with handling CWD and dir_idx being zero
based or one based.

Uli, you wrote this code in the first place.  Care to fix it?
Failing that, I'd just as soon rip it out.

r~