Re: JTAG debug support for ARM

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:01:23PM -0500, Peter Reilley wrote:
> >There is nothing illegal about this site.  I have done most of the
> >Linux and Solaris code on this site.  If you doubt this, ask them at
> >their regular site www.macraigor.com The Wiggler is not supported under
> >Linux and Solaris.  The Wiggler is supported under Windows.  Under
> >Linux and Solaris the Raven and Ethernet products are supported.  The
> >site is still a work in progress so everything is not there yet but
> >keep checking.
>
> Unfortunately, the question of legality is open to interpretation if the
> sources for the DLL are not provided and if the DLL is used with GDB.

Furthermore, the GPL has explicit rules for Web sites: if the binary is
available for downloading from a site, the same site must provide the
sources that are necessary and sufficient to regenerate those binaries.

Providing a link to another site where there are some sources is not
enough.
And in this case the sources pointed to are not sufficient to regenerate
the
binary nor equivalent to what was used as there are certainly changes to
the
gdb code.

--
Fernando Nasser