Re: in ?? ()

Mathieu Dube wrote:

> hi,
>  When I do a backtrace in gdb when my program crashes it says:
> #0  0x400da0a4 in ?? ()
> #1  0x8049e55 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffff914) at therver.c:380
> #2  0x400579ee in ?? ()
>
>  How can I figure out the ?? in line #0 and #2?? Or if I cant what is
> that suppose to tell me about the crash?

The ?? means that you don't have symbolic information for those addresses.
As the address range is so different, it seems that it is some library,
probably a DLL or something.  The addresses even look like cygwin1.dll
addresses but I am just guessing.

The truth is that you did not post enough information for people to be able to
help you.  What host is this?  Is this a native debugging session or some sort
of cross?  Which version of things?  What commands have you used and what output
you got back from those commands?

And what kind of program is this?  What was it doing in line 380?
As per your previous postings (each one with a little bit of information),
it seems that there are threads involved.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com