Re: GDB 5.0 testsuite failures

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks for posting this.  I appreciate seeing gdb test results from diverse
> architectures.

Thanks for the quick reply.  After this, is it proper to
post a gbd backtrace here and ask for help?
It's only 11 lines.

> function has floating point parameters or a floating point return value,
> the call will not work.

If that bug doesn't occur when I do the following,
then I'm safe:

 (gdb) file /usr/local/bin/gnomecc
 (gdb) run
 (gdb) bt

> There are probably some more minor bugs but I can't tell from the gdb.sum
> file.
>
> BTW, please note that the test run produces a "gdb.sum" file and a "gdb.log"
> file.  The "gdb.log" file has a lot more information and it's a better file
> to put up for ftp, rather than capturing the output of "make check".

  ftp://63.194.213.179:710/pub/Random/gdb.log

> Michael Elizabeth Chastain
> <chastain@redhat.com>
> "love without fear"
>
>   ERROR: 26
>
>     23 errors in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
>       These look harmless; your assembler does not like .stabs directives.
>
>     3 errors from 'make' at the end of the run
>       More fluff.
>
>   WARNING: 3
>
>     1 warning in gdb.base/corefile.exp
>       'can't generate a core file' -- does not look like a gdb problem
>
>     2 warnings in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
>       Yeah, we know it doesn't like stabs.
>
>   FAIL: 224
>
>     190 fails in gdb.stabs/weird.exp
>       Will this test case shut up already?!
>
>     7 fails in gdb.base/callfwmall.exp
>       These are all related to calling functions with floating point
>       parameters or floating point return values.  This looks like a
>       real bug in gdb.
>
>     7 fails in gdb.base/callfuncs.exp
>       These are all related to calling functions with floating point
>       parameters or floating point return values.  This looks like a
>       real bug in gdb.
>
>     5 fails in gdb.c++/ovldbreak.exp
>       I would need to see gdb.log to tell whether this is a real bug or not.
>
>     3 fails in gdb.threads/pthreads.exp
>       Compiler can't find pthreads library so all these tests fail.

When I throw -pthreads as a LIBS during the build of an app,
it gets added to all the other -lm -lgen -socket -lnsl libs.
But that's the special compiler flag for gcc.  I do have these:

/usr/lib/libthread.so.1
/usr/lib/libthreadT.so.1
/usr/lib/libthread.so
/usr/lib/libthreadT.so

>     2 fails in gdb.base/commands.exp
>       One of these is a known bug in the test script (gnats gdb/14).
>       The other looks like a bug in gdb.
>
>     2 fails in gdb.base/break.exp
>       I don't know anything about these failures.
>
>     1 fail  in gdb.base/varargs.exp
>       This is another call-to-function with floating point parameters.
>
>     1 fail  in gdb.base/signals.exp
>       This is marked as 'known SV4 bug'.  It may mean that 'next' will
>       not work on your machine and we can't fix it.
>
>     1 fail  in gdb.base/selftest.exp
>       I don't know anything about this failure.
>
>     1 fail  in gdb.base/interrupt.exp
>       I don't know anything about this failure.
>
>     1 fail  in gdb.base/annota1.exp
>       I don't know anything about this failure.

Ok.  Thanks again,
Matthew