Re: Bizzare!

Hi Dan,

> ../gdb-5.0/configure --prefix=/export/usr --target=arm-elf
> make
> make install

I'm superstitious about invoking configure with an absolute path.
Try this:

  /export/sources/gdb-5.0/configure --prefix=... --target=arm-elf
  make
  make install

> The target directory is an nfs share, but this shouldn't break things
> should it?  Everything else (i.e. binutils, gcc and newlib worked).

I build with source and target on nfs all the time from several
different platforms and so do a lot of people I know.

> Does anyone here know if I can install everything with a prefix that
> works and then simply move the directories to another location or is gdb
> like gcc in that it will only function in the directory it was installed
> into?

You can do this with gdb because it's one big executable that doesn't
reach out for other files.  I don't recommend it though.

Michael Elizabeth Chastain
<chastain@redhat.com>
"love without fear"