Re: ./configure - Permission Denied

On Feb 21,  8:36pm, Mathieu Dube wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, you wrote:
> > On Feb 21,  4:28pm, Schaefer, Kendra wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to build gdb, and when I type ./configure in the gdb-5.0
> > > directory, it says "Permission Denied."  Is this something I am doing wrong?
> >
> > How are the permissions and owner set on this file?
>
> with chmod and chown
>
> if its in your dir there shouldnt be any problem
>
> try it in /home/kevin(or whatever username you have)/gdb

You misunderstand.  I was asking Kendra what the permissions and
owner were set to on configure.  I figured that the most likely
problem was that either the execute bit was not set or else it
was set, but Kendra did not have permission to execute the file
due to the owner being different.  A simple ``ls -l ./configure''
will give the answer.

Kevin