Re: Mentioning PR's in ChangeLogs

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

Andrew> So anyone know what correct protocol is?  A ChangeLog should
Andrew> definitly standup on its own right vis:
Andrew> 	* foo.c: Fix pr/12
Andrew> being definitly invalid.  Beyond that, I don't know.

FYI: on sources, if your CVSROOT/loginfo is set up properly, you can
have commits which mention a PR automatically be appended to the PR.

You have to mention the PR in the commit message with the correct
syntax, namely it must contain the text `PR category/NNN', where
`category' is the correct category name for the PR and `NNN' is the PR
number.

This puts the commit message into the PR.  If you've turned on cvsweb
URLs for the commit messages (again in loginfo) then this provides a
simple gnats/cvs integration: you can go directly from the PR to the
patches which supposedly fixed it.

In gcj-land we've adopted the policy of including text like `Fixed PR
gcj/2929' in the ChangeLog entry.  That's in addition to, not in place
of, whatever other ChangeLog description we write.

Tom