Re: [gdb] OBSOLETE romp host

Perhaps this note should be forwarded to comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt newsgroup
to better catch potential users? I don't have a means to do
so at the moment or I'd have done so.

BTW, I have 10 such machines, but haven't turned 'em on in almost
a decade. Do you think anybody might want a free IBM PC/RT (romp)
fully loaded?  John

----------- included message --------------

Hello,

As part of GDB 5.1 the host:

        romp (IBM RT/PC running BSD unix)

is being marked obsolete.

To quote gdb/config/romp/rtbsd.mh:

# IBM RT/PC running BSD unix.
# This file contributed at NYU, where we are using the RT to remote
# debug an a29k running unix.  No attempt, as of 7/16/91, has been made
# to support debugging of RT executables.

(That date is 1991-07-16)

``Configurations that have been declared obsolete in this release have
been commented out.  Unless there is activity to revive these
configurations, the next release of GDB will have their sources
permanently REMOVED.''