Re: Memory attributes triumphs over dcache

"J.T. Conklin" wrote:

> [...]  It should be easy to support the width attribute for ROM
> monitors that use the infrastructure in monitor.c.  It should also be
> easy to add it to the SDS back end, since SDS' SingleStep debugger has
> a similar feature.  I don't have a description of the protocol, or I'd
> do it myself.  Perhaps no one does, remote-sds.c looks like it was
> reverse engineered.

Not exactly - the source code for their ROM is public, but there
weren't many comments, and some of it I had to figure out by hacking
the ROM sources into a native Unix program, believe it or not, and
connecting to it from GDB while running both the GDB and simulated ROM
under GDBs.  I didn't do the width stuff because the whole thing was
in a bit of a hurry; we didn't get the boards until just a few weeks
before we had to demo GDB working with them (at ESC 1997).

Stan