Re: GDB on SGI Irix 6.5

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Did someone successfully build the current CVS version on Irix 6.5?  If
> so, are there any special tricks one need to be aware of to do that?
>
> I built GDB with "./configure; make" with the native C compiler and a
> native Make.  While it built okay, the resulting binary aborts at runtime
> like this:

Hmm, I've this sinking feeling that, prior to me adding the assert() it
was falling off the end of the regcache and just blatting memory :-/

72, I've this feeling that it is the ``FP'':

ac131313@localhost$ grep 72 config/mips/tm-*
config/mips/tm-mips.h:#define FP_REGNUM 72              /* Pseudo
register that contains true address of executing stack frame */

As a quick hack, pump up NUM_PSEUDO_REGS to make space for this (and
possibly a few more).

As a correct fix (ie don't try this at home :-). You could consider
eliminating read_fp(), write_fp() and FP_REGNUM so that targets that
didn't have a real FP register got the value from ``struct frame *''.

	Andrew